Match Reports 8th November

Posted by Victoria Adams on 11 November 2019

Cannock L1s 2 - Beeston L2s 

   Cannock ladies 1s travelled to Beeston knowing that a win was very much needed against a team close to them in the table! Cannock had a some what shaky first quarter allowing Beeston to take control of the game.  The second quarter saw Cannock settle and yup their game and went into half time 0-0
   The dead lock was broken shortly after half time when Beeston concerted a penalty corner.  Their lead didn’t last long as Cannock equalised through sarah Drayton chana trying to make a pass but finding the back board! Squeaky bum time for the final 5 mins but Cannock took the points with a nice tap in at the back post from Kiah Patel. 

Joint man of the match for Kiah and sarah dc 💪🏽

Cannock L2s 2 - 0 Shrewsbury L1s 

Cannock ladies L3s 5 - 1 Dudley L1s

   Cannock knew they had to step up their game with Dudley trailing right behind them in the league. With both teams attacking hard it was Dudley that broke and managed to find the back of the net. Cannock’s heads never went down and it gave them the push to find the net shortly after as Lucy Black put the ball over the line from some brilliant team play. Cannock put more pressure on and resulted in Pippa Hawkes finishing off a short corner with ball hitting the back board. 
   From the start of the second half cannock dominated the game and played in Dudley’s half resulting in Lucy Black and Jenny collins scoring from short corner routines. Finishing the game off with a 5th for Cannock Lucy Black played a quick free hit and smashed the ball into the net from top of D. Brilliant team performance.
Ashlin McAree being awarded Player of match from both teams.

Cannock L4s 1 - 2 WATs L5s

   Cannock Ladies 4s made the journey to Aldersley with several regular players missing from the squad, and lined up against WATs 5s with only 10 players.
   Cannock won first pushback and made a confident start, taking control of the game and moving purposefully towards the opposition's D unhampered by being a player down. The visitors had several early shots on goal, with attempts from Rachel Hughes and newcomer Amy Hale ending just wide of the target. Cannock kept up the pressure throughout the first half but were unable to score. Towards the end of the half WATs won a short corner against the run of play, which was stopped by a defender's knee on the line. The home team scored from the resulting penalty flick and the first half ended with Cannock feeling unlucky to be behind.
   Early in the second half Cannock were reduced to 9 players following an injury, but continued to battle strongly. A straight strike from a short corner was saved by Judy G, but the visitors went 2-0 down following the resulting long corner. Close to the end a magnificent strike from Rachel Hughes pulled the score back to 2-1 and Cannock kept fighting but were unable to score again. Though disappointed by the scoreline the team can be proud of a strong performance in challenging circumstances.

Opposistion POM - Lucy Norwood
Cannock POM - Rachel Hughes and Hannah Jordan


Cannock M1s 4 - 1 Stourport

   Cannock Men’s 1s travelled to Stourport after the previous 2 games had been lost to the rain. Cannock started very well and took the lead through Jawanda. They continued to press forward and got their second through a goal from the returning Dave Harris. Harris then turned provider passing to Dippa to get Cannock’s third. 
   Cannock were then put under a lot of pressure but James ‘Maldini’ Hudson put in a commanding performance at the back. Stourport did get a goal back through a well worked short corner. Cannock finished the game well with Harris firing in a short corner after a tremendous stick stop from Fleet. The game finished 4-1 and Cannock maintain their 100% start to the season.


Cannock M3s 7 - 1 Stone M5s

   Cannock 3rds entertained Stone 5ths in their first home fixture since the opening game of the season. Looking to extend their unbeaten record, Cannock started well and soon found themselves on the scoresheet. A second goal followed, but stone dogged and following a defensive error pulled one back. Cannock regained the 2 goal margin and went into the break 3-1 up.
   Cannock struck a fourth early on in the second half and then began to.really dominate the opposition. 3 further goals followed giving a final score of 7-1.
   Stone deserve credit for their tenacity and their keeper did a sterling job in preventing a scoreline well into double figures.

Goals came from Dave Wigg (2)  Andy Darnley (2) Fin McCall, Nat Yerbury and Greg Yerbury.

Man of the Match was shared between Dave Wigg and Nat Yerbury.

Why Cannock Hockey Club

Why Cannock? We've a history of competing in and winning National competitions across all junior and senior hockey. We're also a great club with numerous sides playing every weekend for players of all ability and commitment! 

Get in touch

Our latest news

Sponsors Area

© 2012 - 2021 Cannock Hockey Club. All rights reserved.

To contact your Data Controller, click here

Respice - Aspice - Prospice 'Cherish the past; Build on our present achievements; Be adventurously ambitious for the future.'

If you wish to withdraw consent from us holding your personal data please email requesting your data be removed from the site. However, this will only be possible if you cease your membership.

In addition, if you wish to exercise your right to be forgotten please click here

Powered by ClubBuzz.

Details of Data Controller are

Name: Rob Davies