Committee Meeting Minutes Dec 2020

Posted by Andy Darnley on 3 March 2021

Minutes of the Meeting of Cannock Community Hockey Club (CCHC) Thursday 10th December, 2020 Present: J. Chappell; J. Hibbs; S. Martin; I. Macpherson; D. Michael; R. Moscatiello; H. Pigott; D. Pugh: Apologies: L. Alcock; J. Hitchens; R. Sheldon; V. Wilkes: Because of the Covid-19 crisis, with thanks to DP, this was held by Zoom video link. 1. Minutes of the meeting on 26th November These were accepted. 2. Matters Arising Club Mark: DP informed the meeting that he will link with the EH site to commence our application. Coaching and Training: There will be club matches this Saturday. A Badgers match at 10.30am and a Club match 12-2pm. DP will help with the umpiring for the Club match. IT was proposed that we offer two of those members preparing for Level 1 Umpire assessment an opportunity to umpire this match with feedback from DP. SM made some suggestions as to the organisation of the teams was discussed to take account of the levels of ability. Maroon and white shirts would be needed. Full scale training Men’s should restart the first week in January. There was further discussion on the organisation of training and the progression of juniors to adult sessions. This needs to be discussed with Jamie Fleet and it was suggested that JH would be the best person as she is at the Monday session. DP will review the Men’s sessions. JC said the turnout for the last Friday session had been good with tomorrow being the last before the New Year. HP will book the pitches from second week in January. The latest Covid Tier restrictions have been published and we wait to see how these will be applied to any future resumption of League fixtures. League Structure: HP outlined the receipt of the proposals for the restructuring of the Ladies Midland League. There is to be a vote on it and she indicated that Cannock would probably vote in favour of it. Currently the Ladies 1st XI is still in the National League so this would apply to all the remaining Club sides. 3. Junior Section- Current Situation JHb updated the meeting on Hockey Heroes. We have to sign up on the EH site to advertise and organise the coaches to attend a session via Zoom. We need four coaches and he will speak to JH about arranging a suitable date. We have to decide and confirm the venue and dates for the sessions. He said that the organisation was pretty well set up. We need a major push to publicise this opportunity for youngsters. This can be done through EH, on social media such as Facebook and HP offered to contact school coordinators in all the local schools. EH will need confirmation of our dates. We discussed alternative venues for these sessions and HP will enquire pitch availability at EDA. Our thanks to John for all his time and efforts on developing this new opportunity. 4. Financial update DM reported on the actions he had taken to reduce the corporation tax payment. He has still to pay the affiliation fees and needs the costs incurred thus fat for hiring EDA pitches. He has made an estimate based on last years figures. He outlined his interviews thus far with NatWest on establishing an account. IMac has posted off the required annual returns to the FCA. He replied to an enquiry from the Ladies section as to why we had reconstituted the Club as a Benefit Society. Under this scheme we pay no VAT but corporation tax, there is no requirement for formally accredited accounts and is a better position from which to obtain grants. He enquired as to the state of the current finances for the Ladies section. HP replied that they are better this year and the losses last year reflected the loss of their Summer League. The Men’s section is operating a pay as you play system this season and is largely paid up. The 100 Club is awaiting details for the bank account and JC hopes to start in the New Year. 5. Chase Park Update IMac reported on the latest contacts with Mr Watts. DM noted that, in a recent contact, Mr Watts indicated he was still planning for a Sports Centre and saw the Hockey Club as being involved. SM asked how long could we wait for some decision from Mr Watts before we seek alternative solutions. We need answers as to the pitch times we will be allowed, the cost, will it be on a rental or lease to run the pitch arrangement. We would like LA to look at the pitches to update us on their condition. HP indicated there were very little alternative spaces to build a new pitch in the Cannock area. There was the previous report from Andy Hoare with regard to development along the A5. IMac was requested to contact him for the contact point to follow up this possibility. Other possibilities were discussed but our options are limited. 6. AOB The 100 Club: This is awaiting details for the bank account and JC hopes to start in the New Year. The next meeting be held on Wednesday 6th January at 7.30pm.

Why Cannock Hockey Club

Why Cannock? We've a history of competing in and winning National competitions across all junior and senior hockey. We're also a great club with numerous sides playing every weekend for players of all ability and commitment! 

Get in touch

Our latest news

Sponsors Area

© 2012 - 2021 Cannock Hockey Club. All rights reserved.

To contact your Data Controller, click here

Respice - Aspice - Prospice 'Cherish the past; Build on our present achievements; Be adventurously ambitious for the future.'

If you wish to withdraw consent from us holding your personal data please email ian.macpherson@itj.me.uk requesting your data be removed from the site. However, this will only be possible if you cease your membership.

In addition, if you wish to exercise your right to be forgotten please click here

Powered by ClubBuzz.

Details of Data Controller are

Name: Rob Davies

Email: robdchc70@gmail.com